Despite slight configuration differences, the guides follow the same flow and guidelines. The Unity section highlights the common elements of staking-related components. Below is a high-level overview of how to get started:
- Learn and get familiar with Unity concepts such as self-bonding, registration, reward distributions and more. You can check out the Unity Engineering Specification and FAQs.
- Run A Node:
a. Run a Java Node
b. Run a Rust Node
- Create 2 AION accounts that will be needed for operations; one for the management key and the other for the block-signing key.
- Get AION for self-bonding:
a. Navigate to this faucet to get 1000 Aion for self-bond
b. Sign In using one of the supported methods
c. Paste your Aion address in the chatbox and press enter
If you need more Aion for other transactions you can use this faucet
- Register as a Staker - you will need a minimum of 1,000 AION (+ NRG fees) to become active.
- Run the block signing tool to be able to sign and produce PoS blocks.
- You are officially a staker now! Follow the specific guides for more details on configuration and ongoing operations.
Updated over 3 years ago