To Staking Pool Operators
If you joined us on Amity Testnet before Nov. 5th, we strongly suggest you go through the management action guides again as the tools/scripts have been updated and new tools have been added as well. To avoid any misoperation for Mainnet, please delete the existing kernel and database and sync up the network with the latest builds, which can be found under
We recommend you to test on Amity testnet before registering on Mainnet.
Despite slight configuration differences, the guides follow the same flow and guidelines. The Overview highlights the common elements of staking-related components. Below is a high-level overview of how to get started as a pool operator:
- Learn and get familiar with Unity concepts such as self-bonding, registration, reward distributions and more. You can check out the Pool Operator Overview, Unity Engineering Specification and FAQs.
- Run A Node:
a. Run a Java Node
b. Run a Rust Node
- Create 2 AION accounts that will be needed for operations; one for the management key and the other for the block-signing key.
- Get AION for self-bonding:
a. Navigate to this faucet to get 1000 Aion for self-bond
b. Sign In using one of the supported methods
c. Paste your Aion address in the chatbox and press enter
If you need more Aion for other transactions you can use this faucet
- Register as a pool - you will need a minimum of 1,000 AION (+ NRG fees) to register and become active.
- Run the block signing tool to be able to sign and produce PoS blocks.
- You are officially a pool operator now! Follow the specific guides for more details on configuration and ongoing operations.
Updated over 3 years ago